September 3, 2010

Football Kickoff Weekend!

It has finally arrived, my favorite time of year....FOOTBALL SEASON!  Here in the South you're either a Tiger or a Gamecock and when it comes to me, my blood truly runneth orange!  I'm especially looking forward to this weekend because I, along with some friends, have rented a lake house to celebrate the return of fall, football, bourbon and oysters!  Even though it's a little too early in the season for the cooler weather of fall, the yummy oysters and the warming bourbon we are going to party like it's 1999 ;)  I'm interested to see all the southern belles and the seersuckered gentlemen in their gameday digs.  Unlike up in the North or NFL games where they wear jersey's and t-shirts, down here we like to go all out and dress to impress with lily dresses and pearls.  I still haven't decided what I'm going to wear and I have to admit that I'm stressing out a little because I've NEVER waited up to the last minute to find my outfit.  Clemson fans, or at least friends of mine, we spend all year buying all the orange and purple we can find just so we can look our best and support our tigers for their season.  I ordered quite a few things online but as luck would have it they weren't at all what I had expected.  I better get shopping!  Until next time, here's a homage to my Clemson Tigers!  GO TIGERS!!!!

        

No comments:

Post a Comment