October 27, 2010

New Seasons Bring Change

My apologies for not posting since, I don't even know when!  I've had a lot going on in my life and haven't really taken the time to do me.  Considering what this blog stands for, for me; to happily live in the moment, I needed to get back to me...channel the inner child and push forward.  Remember the days when we were kids and life was lollipops and gum balls?  When the only thing that made you sad or mad was when you fell off your bike or when your mom made you come inside before all your friends.  I sometimes ask myself what happened to that little girl.  When did life as we used to know it change?  I often feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders and I'm just dying to be a kid again, somehow logically thinking that's the only way it'll make things better.  HA!  A good friend of mine told me the other day "Embrace where you are in life.  Don't get down on yourself - it's all in your head.  You're creating the drama - don't!  Give yourself a break - you need it.  And remember YOU and ONLY you decide how long you will agonize over something."  When I heard this, all made sense.  Yes, change is hard and difficult but if it wasn't for change I wouldn't be the person I am today.  We are all going to have ups and downs throughout our lives.  With the good times you'll think you've never had it so good.  With the bad times you'll think I've never gone through something so hard.  But remember God is making you go through this to get you ready for something else in your life.  We all tend to dwell on the past and fear the future but you have to keep reminding yourself that in order to live in the present you need to be present.  No more agonizing the past or future, instead be present in the moment, be present in the present.  Life is too short to be anything but happy.  Don't settle for anything less!

No comments:

Post a Comment